Craig Boyd is co-founder of Precision Athletics and the Director of Trainers.
Craig’s passion for fitness, his commitment to his clients and his relentless energy are the driving forces behind his success. Craig attended Langara College’s Human Kinetics department and earned a Coaching and Instructing Diploma in Physical Education. Craig has studied human functional anatomy, exercise physiology and biomechanics; and also has gained extensive coaching experience in a wide variety of sports.
Craig has been working in the fitness industry since 1994. His formal education coupled with a lifetime of competitive sports allows Craig to offer clients services such as:
- Sports specific training
- Detailed body composition and fitness testing
- Weight loss and body sculpting programs
- Strength training programs
- Muscle building programs
- Indoor and outdoor group fitness classes
Craig is a CHEK Certified Exercise Coach and CHEK Certified Holistic Lifestyle and Nutrition Coach (HLC). This world-renowned program specializes in postural and core function assessment and prescriptive functional exercise. Craig is also a certified canfitpro Personal Training Specialist and Sport Conditioning Specialist. Always looking to increase and improve his training experience, he has completed numerous CrossFit certifications including CrossFit Level 1 coach, Olympic Weight Lifting, Basic Barbell (power lifting) and Running and Endurance Certifications.
Craig trained for and completed the Canada Iron Man in Penticton in August 2009. Preparing for this event he completed his first two half Iron Man triathlons. The training and competition experience he gained has been invaluable in helping clients and athletes he trains.
You can learn more about Craig by following his blog at http://craigboydfitness.com/
- Coaching and Instructing Diploma, Langara College
- FMS Level I and II
- CHEK Exercise Coach
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Nutrition Coach Level 1
- CHEK Scientific Core Conditioning
- CHEK Scientific Back Training
- CHEK Program Design
- CHEK Advanced Swiss Ball Training
- CHEK Swiss Ball Training
- CHEK Dynamic Medicine Ball Training
- Crossfit Certification Level 1
- Crossfit Running and Endurance Certification
- CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting Certification
- Crossfit Basic Barbell Certification
- Canfitpro certified Personal Training Specialist
- Canfitpro certified Sport Conditioning Specialist
- Trigger Point Therapy U6+
- Twist Sport Conditioning Coach – Bronze
- Twist Sport Conditioning – Excelerate Level 1
- Twist Sport Conditioning – Sport Strength Specialization
- Polar Train Smarter Not Harder
- Indoor Cycling Instructor Certification
- “Rehabilitating the Shoulder, Elbow & Wrist” – Infofit Workshop
- “Rehabilitating the Hip, Knee & Ankle” – Infofit Workshop
- CPR and Occupational First Aid Level 1
Based on these qualifications, Craig is a Level 4 Trainer at Precision Athletics.