Client Success: Taha Alwadhi
The reason we are here is to support people in reaching their fitness goals with our experience, coaching, and knowledge. Nothing makes it more worthwhile than seeing our clients succeed. So many people who walk through our doors meet their goals and we love sharing their success with everyone. This month we're sharing Taha Alwadi's success story.
“Taha is very inspirational on how much of a change you can make in a short period if you put your mind to it,” says Craig Boyd, Taha’s personal trainer.
“When Taha started out, he was unable to complete his 30-minute sessions. I really thought he was going to quit. After doing his nutrition consultation, he had more energy for his workouts was enjoying them and started training 5x per week, a total turnaround. Because of this he has improved in his strength, conditioning, energy levels, and has lost a lot of weight. He even enjoys the workouts— something I thought I would never say!”
We asked Taha a few questions about where he started, why he’s here and what he’s focussed on now:
What first drew you to Precision Athletics?
These days you don’t go to a doctor or a restaurant without checking their Google maps reviews so that was the first thing I did when I was searching for a gym. Precision Athletics has awesome reviews and many of my coworkers recommended the place.
What were your initial fitness goals?
The first goal was to get fit. I have three kids and I like to do activities with them like hiking, playing soccer, etc, and I was having trouble keeping up with them and I was getting tired quickly.
The second goal was to be more healthy. I was diagnosed with type two diabetes two years ago and the doctor told me that I have to lose weight and change my lifestyle.
Why do you work out with a personal trainer?
I can think of three important reasons why I work out with a personal trainer:
- It’s very important to have a personal trainer at least for some time—ignorance and poor execution are common catalysts for injury. A knowledgeable personal trainer will improve your exercise execution and skill so that you reduce your risk for injury and get the most out of each activity.
- I get bored with gym routines and I start finding reasons not to go. Having a personal trainer keeps it interesting by offering a wide variety of creative exercises.
- I have limited time to go to the gym, having a personal trainer saves me plenty of time and energy wasted doing inefficient workouts. They show me how to maximize my efforts and results.
What are your current fitness goals?
- Make the gym a daily pleasurable habit not just something I have to do.
- Continue to get in shape and get healthy.
What is it about Precision Athletics that keeps you coming back?
Many reasons: I am seeing substantial results in my fitness and health. Awesome personal trainers that keep me motivated and adjust my workout based on my progress. The friendly staff and a judgment-free gym.