FEEL CONFIDENT COMING TO OUR GYM
Your health and safety are our first priority. In response to the pandemic we've changed our operations, policies and procedures to meet Worksafe BC Fitness Centre guidelines as well as Vancouver Coastal Health requirements and recommendations. Our team is working hard to ensure we're providing a safe, clean, enjoyable workout environment.
May 1. 2021 Update:
Outdoor Group Fitness classes are back in session! Classes will resume outdoors from May 1st to September 30th, 2021—class options include morning, lunch and evening times.
Gym Set-Up During COVID-19
Below is a quick preview of our gym space and safety measures in place since our re-opening in June 2020.
Four portable HEPA filter units with UV-C light technology for sanitizing have also been installed to help clean the air. These small white units are placed around the gym space.
If you’re new to Precision Athletics and our COVID-19 procedures, you’ll be required to attend a gym orientation with one of our personal trainers. We’ll take you through all the safety requirements for using our facility.
Be sure to read through – not scan – the Gym Orientation Checklist below, as well as the sanitation & safety procedures. If you have any concerns or questions, contact us.
Before You Arrive at the Gym
- If you are feeling sick, stay home. DO NOT COME TO THE GYM.
- Book your gym session online.
- Plan to arrive and leave on the hour.
- Do your warm up outside the gym.
- Bring your own filled water bottle.
- Do not bring a towel into the gym (no towels at this time).
- Be aware that showers are closed.
Gym Orientation Checklist
- Move around the gym by following arrows – please don’t linger around the weights.
- When there are two machines in one zone, only one is permitted for use at a time.
- Social distance: Maintain 6 feet between gym users at all times.
- Sanitize weights and bars before AND after use. Be considerate by spraying and wiping all surfaces used, i.e. benches, machines.
- Use a mat for exercises where your hands or face are in contact with the ground, and clean it after use.
- Change rooms: Max. 3 people.
- Gym capacity: Max. 16 people each hour – if we’re full, you’ll need to line up outside the side door.
- Limit yourself to 5 min on cardio machines, we encourage people to do cardio outside (if weather permits).
- Take free weights outside if you wish – but they’re not permitted on the Basketball court.
- Daily temperature checks are conducted for our staff with a touch-less thermometer.
- Arrive and leave on time for your scheduled session; please warm up and stretch outside the gym.
- Change rooms are limited to 3 people max. at a time.
- Floor is marked with a one-way traffic flow.
- Training sections are outlined on the floor to allow gym users and training clients to remain socially distanced while exercising.
- Gym capacity is 16 gym users and clients at any given time; personal training clients have the option to train outside (weather permitting).
- Cardio machines – e.g. treadmill, rowing machine, upright bike – are limited to 5 min. per person; cardio sessions longer than 5 minutes should be done outside the gym.
- Showers and water fountains are not operating.
Sanitation & Safety
- Every day one of our personal trainers will act as the gym attendant to regulate gym numbers, watch for social distancing, perform cleaning, and ensure gym users are sanitizing equipment.
- All gyms users must have an orientation prior to using the facility, to review traffic flow, floor plan, social distancing, and equipment cleaning.
- Clients will receive a health pre-screening auto-email 24 hours before each scheduled session; if you’re feeling sick, let us know and cancel your booking up until two hours before a scheduled session. *Note: you may be required to self isolate, and this cancellation does not include sleep-ins. 😉
- Trainers sanitize all equipment used by clients before and after each use, unless they’re using it for the duration.
- Gym users will be instructed to sanitize equipment before and after each use.
- Use an exercise mat as a barrier for floor exercises (where hands touch the floor) and clean it afterwards.
- Cleanings are scheduled throughout the day.
- Complete floor clean occurs at 11am daily and at night.
- Five sanitizing station(s) are placed throughout the gym; one stations is outside the door—don’t be shy in using these.
- Signage is posted to remind gym users of the new protocols.
These are the standards set out by our governing bodies:
If you feel there’s an issue with a standard or you feel uncomfortable about the way another gym user is acting in the facility, please speak to a Precision Athletics staff member (the identified gym attendant) about your concerns so that we can address the situation.